The key to staying motivated is finding something you enjoy, which is why we offer a huge range of classes for all ages and fitness levels at the Kew Recreation Centre.
We hold over 140 classes per week. Most classes run from 55-60 minutes, while express classes run for 30 or 45 minutes. See our list of recommended classes below or click here for our full list of class descriptions.
Classes designed for older adults looking to work on basic strength, fitness and balance. This class is a friendly and safe environment for older adults.
A combination of Pilates, Yoga and Ballet movements, focusing on core strength and stability. Exercises are paired with stretches between sets to elongate muscles and release stress and tension.
A pre-choreographed weights to music class using plates and barbells. One of the most popular classes in the world! If you don’t have time to do your own weights program, step right up to this class and enjoy exhilarating total body workout! BodyPump™ Express is a 30 minute format.
A pre-choreographed step class featuring simple and easy to follow movement sequences on and around an adjustable step platform. Challenging and enjoyable for the beginner to experienced exerciser.
Freestyle stationary cycle workout will build endurance and provides great cardiovascular training. We have fun group classes led by our expert fitness instructors.
A combination of a circuit utilising a range of equipment and movements to challenge and strengthen every part of your body as well as a cycle workout that will build endurance and provides great cardiovascular training
- Be early, late entry is not permitted
- Be prepared with your workout gear, towel and water bottle
- Be respectful and supportive of your fellow participants and our talented instructors
- Be upfront with your instructor about any physical limitations or injuries you may have, especially if you're pregnant
- Let the instructor know if it’s your first time in a fitness class
- The minimum age to attend all other group fitness classes is 12 years old for members and 16 for non-members
- The minimum age to attend Body Pump, AdrenalineHIT, Boxing, Circuit, IQ and Performance Zone is 16 years of age
- If you need to leave early, do so in a way that won’t impact others or the flow of the class
- Put equipment away after the class
How to Join a Class
Even if you're not a member, you are still welcome to join our classes.
- Collect a ticket from customer service
- Ticket collection opens 90 minutes before the class start time and closes 5 minutes after the class start time
- One ticket per person, per class, until all tickets are allocated
- Hold onto your ticket until the instructor collects it